CPH Internship Week #5: Of Missions and Musicals

Hello again! This was a fantastic week of CPH, though it was a very tiring one! I felt like I was doing a little bit of everything my job could entail, and I loved it.
Monday was probably the slowest day of the week. I spent most of my time on Monday at my desk, working on various documents and dealing with the more logistical side of Miraculous Mission.
The rest of the week held a lot of ups and downs! On Tuesday we began shooting for our Song Action Videos at a park in the suburbs of St. Louis. My fellow intern Adele and I got to come into work late because we would have to stay late for the video shoot. We were praying all day that we wouldn't be rained out. Instead, we drove to the park in torrential rain through construction! All of the kids for the videos still showed up and we got two of the songs done between storms. At about six, the deluge began again, soaking us all, and leading to another stressful drive through the rain. I was very thankful for dry clothes and a warm bed that night!
On Wednesday, Adele and I got to begin working on what will eventually be the lyric slides for all the VBS PowerPoints. We had to make sure we had the proofed lyrics, a suitable background, and a way to make all of the slides look uniform and professional. I got a crash course in InDesign, did a lot of cutting and pasting, and got to spend a lot of time in the Intern Cafe! In addition to this project, Adele and I have been working on scripts for videos that will be made detailing instructions on how to decorate for Miraculous Mission. We managed to cram in a LOT of space-themed puns and had a ton of fun writing the scripts together!
Thursday was doubly fun. We not only had another day of Song Action Video shooting, but it was also an employee appreciation day at CPH! It was sort of luau-themed, so everyone wore Hawaiian shirts and leis. We had a delicious catered lunch featuring BBQ, watermelon, and other goodies. At the video shoots on Thursday, we again encountered storms, including a tornado watch! We were forced to skeedaddle from the park when the tornado sirens went off. Adele and I drove through the scary storm to meet up with the other interns, as we had been planning to go to the Muny that night! Thankfully, the storms cleared up in time for us to see the show. We got to see Corbin Bleu (of High School Musical fame) take on the lead role in Singin' in the Rain. It was amazing! I probably embarrassed myself too much with how clearly stoked I was.
Friday was a day of wrapping things up. Adele and I finished a draft of both our scripts and the lyric slides, and we finally finished the Song Action Video shoot. All of the kids did a wonderful job and it was so awesome for a life-long VBS-goer like me to see "behind the scenes" of the quintessential CPH VBS videos!
I'm now looking forward to a few days off with my family for the Fourth of July. I probably won't write a blog post next week, but I will get back to it again! God bless, everybody!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CPH Internship Week #8: Of Pasta and PowerPoints

CPH Internship Week #7: Of Blogs and Busy-ness

It's Not the Best Christmas Ever